PARTNERS: The Pro Duffers West Golf Club and Omega Psi Phi Fraternity, INC.
The Pro Duffers West Golf Club and Omega Psi Phi Fraternity, Inc. have a partnering relationship in support of the Feeding the Homeless Program, This worthy endeavor is being housed in the facility owned by the All Saints Church in Oxnard, Ca since. 2001. Our partnering organizations provides the cooking and preparation of all the meals, organization of the facilities luncheon area, the food management, setup staffing and distribution of meals to the persons attending in need. The total coordination of the Feeding the Homeless Program is executed between the volunteers within our respective partnering organizations on designated weekends, usually Sunday afternoons. We expect this comradery to continue well into the future of both our organizations.
PRO DUFFERS WEST GOLF CLUB
Go to Pro Duffers West History for a robust history of the Pro Duffers West Golf Club. The membership includes resolute participants supporting the Feeding the Homeless Program. President Kenny Hughes is an advocate and participant in the program as well as other fellow golfers. Partnering with Omega Psi Phi Fraternity is a winning combination and the people in the community are the beneficiaries.
HISTORY OF OMEGA PSI PHI FRATERNITY
Omega Psi Phi Fraternity, Inc. is the first international fraternal organization founded on the campus of a historically Black college, on November 17, 1911, at Howard University located in Washington, D.C. The founders were Edgar Amos Love, Oscar James Cooper and Frank Coleman. Joining them was their faculty adviser, Ernest Everett Just. From the initials of the Greek phrase meaning, “friendship is essential to the soul“, the name Omega Psi Phi became the organization ‘motto’. Manhood, Scholarship, Perseverance and Uplift were adopted as Cardinal Principles. The local Psi Xi chapter has programs throughout the community, and one is partnering with the Pro Duffers West Golf Club with the Feeding the Homeless Program.
HISTORY OF ALL SAINTS’ CHURCH, OXNARD, CA
The Rev. Herbert Spencer, Minister in charge of Trinity Mission in Hueneme, Ca., in 1900. In 1909 it became a mission in union with the Diocese of Los Angeles. Transitions during the mid-century, and new structure in the 1970s led to the current programs. Since 2001 All Saints’ has housed the feeding of the homeless program “Bread of Life’. The PRO DUFFERS WEST GOLF CLUB and the OMEGA PSI PHI FRATERNITY have partnered to manage certain days working together to Feed the Homeless in the communities in needed Ventura County centering in the Oxnard/Port Hueneme community areas.