The Pro Duffers West Golf Club (PDWGC) was founded in 1983 to generate fellowship and comradery by way of enjoyable golfing experiences for its members within the community of Ventura County. During this time span, the PDWGC has always given back to the community in various ways. Scholarship is one of our core principles as a Club of the community. Pro Duffers West Golf Club established and presented its first Scholarship Program Award in 2007 has not missed a year in the past fifteen years.
These dedicated years to providing awards for deserving High School graduates is steeped in tradition and vision. This rich heritage is manifested into our leadership and is part of our core values as a Club, and has been an impactful presence on our youth, our students, and in the community at large.
Annually we solicit qualified candidates, conduct an evaluation process, and select deserving high school award recipients. The Pro Duffers West Golf Club Scholarship Program committee acknowledges awardees at their Senior Awards Night Programs held at the various high schools during late May or early June.
The Pro Duffers West Golf Club Scholarship Program has been very successful over the years, awarding over $26,000 to 49 deserving high school seniors pursuing their higher education. Our members are dedicated to maintaining this success over the next decades and beyond. Monetary awards are paid by our Treasurer for each recipient after ‘proof of admission’ from college of choice.
The Pro Duffers West Golf Club Scholarship Program relies on its members, fundraising events, pledges, donations, gifts from organizations, and the public, which are very important to our continued success. Your support is very much appreciated, because funding from concerned citizens really helps finance the cost of educating our deserving youth with their desire to further their education.
Please send your donation to Pro Duffers West Golf Club, P.O. Box 5976, Oxnard, Ca. 93031. Also feel free to explore our website further.
Together we can make a difference in a positive way!
Scholarship Award Student Guidelines
- Candidates must complete the scholarship award application form by submitting all requested information by the deadline.
- Students are preferred to have an interest in golf and must meet College entrance standards.
- Preference will be given to our local Junior golfers and students of active Pro Duffers West Golf Club and Western States Golf Association Members.
- If not enough candidates are submitted from item 3 above, selections may be made from the Local community.
- Candidates in need of financial assistance will be given preference over students who may have received other scholarship awards and/or if family assistance is enough.
- Awards are focused on first time candidates entering college for the initial time. Recipients for two or four year-accredited colleges are acceptable.
- Successfully selected candidate(s) must show proof of acceptance to the fall semester as full-time students to receive the monetary award usually distributed in August.